In the following pages you will find organizations, publications and other links that BuildingEcology.com highly recommends. Be sure to also visit specific topics for additional resources.
- For those still interested in providing their students with resources regarding climate change science and uncertainty, there is a report from the U.S. Climate Change Science Program on the subject - "Best Practice Approaches for Characterizing, Communicating, and Incorporating Scientific Uncertainty in Climate Decision Making." The lead author, Grainger Morgan, is well-known for his work on scientific uncertainty. Many of the concepts in the report are also applicable to other areas of scientific research and decision-making, such as chemical exposure, accidents and injury, etc. There is a very simple summary of climate science and of the concept of scientific uncertainty as well as a consensus-based set of recommendations on how to deal with the uncertainties in climate science.
- Links about Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), collected and annotated by G. Doka.
- Edward Mazria is an internationally recognized architect with a long and distinguished career. His architecture and planning projects span over a thirty-year period and each employs a cutting-edge environmental approach to its design. www.architecture2030.org is a non-traditional and flexible organization focused on protecting our global environment. He speaks nationally and internationally on the subject of the architecture, design, energy and climate change.
- Nature Reports Climate Change provides you with free, up-to-date, authoritative information on current climate change research, comprising news, in-depth features, research highlights, commentaries and reviews. As well as highlighting the best peer-reviewed research, it also covers the wider implications of global climate change for policy, society and the economy.
- The purpose of this document is to offer information to compare and contrast sustainable building rating systems in response to Section 609 of the Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development, the Judiciary, the District of Columbia, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2006 (PL109-115, signed November 30, 2005.)
- BuildingGreen brings the best research, thinking, and writing to you through many publications, including Environmental Building News, the GreenSpec directory of green products, and the BuildingGreen Suite of online tools.
- An online source for the sustainable building and maintenance industry.
- RealClimate is a commentary site on climate science by working climate scientists for the interested public and journalists. We aim to provide a quick response to developing stories and provide the context sometimes missing in mainstream commentary. The discussion here is restricted to scientific topics and will not get involved in any political or economic implications of the science.
- NEHA has created a web page as a resource for you to find environment-related guidance and information.
- ChooseClimate.org's interactive model linking climate science & policy based on IPCC-TAR formulae. You can adjust parameters with your mouse and see an instant response on plots from emissions to impacts. You can also explore cause-effect links in the climate system, and the sensitivity of predictions to uncertainties and policy options.
- Use ChooseClimate.org’s map to calculate the greenhouse warming effect of any flight! You will also find information on aircraft emissions, travel alternatives, dilemmas etc.