ASHRAE Indoor Air Quality IAQ Design Guide
The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) is now making the IAQ design guide and all of its reference materials available to the public at no cost through its web site.
The Indoor Air Quality Guide: Best Practices for Design, Construction and Commissioning is designed for architects, design engineers, contractors, commissioning agents, and all other professionals concerned with indoor air quality. Detailed guidance provides:
- Hundreds of internal and external links to resources for the design, construction, and commissioning of buildings with excellent indoor air quality
- Access to an incredible variety of in-depth information by topic to help you design, construct, and operate buildings using best practices for indoor air quality
- Best practices for all aspects of IAQ building design, commissioning, and construction, including designing for maintainability
- Tools and material for demonstrating the value of IAQ to clients
- 40 strategies for achieving 8 critical IAQ objectives
Download a free copy of the book and all supporting files (72 MB)
A primer on the Indoor Air Quality Guide appears in the May 2010 ASHRAE Journal.
Download a PDF of the article free of charge.
Developed in cooperation with the American Institute of Architects, The U.S. Green Building Council, the Builders and Owners Management Association International, the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors of North America, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.