Urban Environmental Pollution - Creating Healthy Liveable Cities
We began to explore the nature of the urban environment and pollution on human health and well-being at UEP2010 in Boston in June of 2010. This very successful conference identified many areas of urban life that warranted further investigation. UEP2012 aims to pick up where UEP2010 left off and continue the exploration of the urban environment and how we can begin to create a healthy and liveable environment in cities.
|What||pollutants, built environment, health, sustainability|
|Where||Amsterdan, The Netherlands|
|Contact Name||Kay Russell|
|Contact Phone||+44 (0) 1865 408086|
|Add event to calendar||
- New information about urban environments and how they function
- Pollution problems and possible solutions
- Role of the built environment in alleviating heat islands
- Human health problems and solutions
- Role of vegetation in mitigating urban pollution and human health problems
- Innovative methods for alleviation of urban stress problems
A Special Issue of Environmental Pollution has been published with selected papers from the conference Urban Environmental Pollution 2010: Overcoming Obstacles to Sustainability and Quality of Life, 20-23 June 2010, Boston, USA. This Special Issue is now freely available (Volume 159, Issues 8-9, pp. 1963-2210).