4th CIB Smart and Sustainable Built Environments conference - SASBE2012
SASBE2012 takes on the batten from previous events and moves forward from theory to practice. It will foster the transition from sustainable development theories into professional practice with tangible outcomes, particularly in Brazil and Latin America. In the past decade, strong efforts have focused on leveling the playing field, on envisioning a more sustainable future for the country, and on exploring management and innovation for sustainable building.
|What||sustainable design, climate change, energy, sustainability, LCA, life cycle analysis|
|Where||Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Contact Phone||+55 11 3361-3056|
|Add event to calendar||
SASBE2012 also takes in the challenge of helping to instrument such change. Under the scientific coordination of Prof. Maristela G. Silva (UFES, CIB), SASBE2012 invites contributions and case studies to push forward implementation and demonstration of advances on, among other subjects:
1. Smart and sustainable buildings, infrastructure, districts, cities and the community;
2. Design, development and operation of smart and healthy workplace and living environments;
3. New systems, innovative technologies and high performance products responding to emerging challenges such as climate change, closed materials loops, security, alternative energy, passive design, lifecycle assessment, and integration with natural systems;
4. Evaluation on the methods and techniques of smart and sustainable design, construction, and operation of new built facilities and regeneration of existing ones ;
5. Improvement of sustainability deliverables in projects through management processes, regulations, governance and community engagement;
6. Management of knowledge on innovation and sustainability for the built environment; and;
7. Communication, education and training of sustainable development principles and professional skills.
Exchange information, network companies and research groups and develop business expertise. The official language for the conference is English.
Abstract deadline is December 9th